Prekindergarten Eligibility and Registration
Round Top-Carmine Elementary will start a full day PK program for students that are eligible starting the 2019-2020 school year. The full day PK will start at 8:00 am and release will be at 3:35 pm. Bus transportation is not available for PK students. There will not be a PK program for students younger than 4.
To be eligible, a child must be at least four years of age by September 1 of the current school year and meet at least one of the criteria listed below.
- Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- Be educationally disadvantaged, which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority;
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Be in, or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code;
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004).
You may register your child for PK during the summer by visiting the Round Top-Carmine Elementary campus, located at 608 North Washington, Round Top, Texas. The elementary office is open Monday - Thursday from 8 am to 4 pm. Beginning the week of August 5th, the offices will be open during the same hours from Monday - Friday. You may call or email Linda McCulloch with questions at 979-249-3200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.