About Beta Club
The purpose of the National Beta Club shall be to promote the ideals of character, service and leadership among elementary and secondary school students, to reward meritorious achievement and to encourage and assist students in continuing their education after high school. The National Beta Club began with 15 members in Landrum, South Carolina. There are now more than 416,000 active members in Junior and Senior divisions and more than 7,700 clubs in 44 states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Bahamas, Guam, Russia and Germany. Behind these facts are many people - and one person especially, the founder, Dr. John West Harris - who gave life and continuity to Beta. Character, Leadership, Achievement, Scholarship, Service...these became key words associated with the National Beta Club. "Let us lead by serving others" became the motto. The National Beta Club Senate authorized the institution of the Junior Division of the National Beta Club on July 22, 1961. This new organization was officially named the "National Junior Beta Club" and was established to function organizationally as a separate division of the National Beta Club Program. The membership of the National Junior Beta Club was originally composed of students from the sixth grade to ninth grade. In the summer of 1988, the Board of Directors approved the addition of the fifth grade. The National Beta Club Senate approved the organization of the Junior Beta division to provide an incentive program of scholastic and character excellence for students in their formative years. On August 17, 1961, the first Junior Beta Club chapter was chartered at Millsap Junior High School, Millsap, Texas. The objective of the National Junior Beta Club is to reward scholastic, leadership, and service achievements among the members of a school's student body.
Round Top-Carmine first organized its Senior Beta Club in 1965. In April of 1997, we organized our first Junior Beta Club. We have had several students to serve as State Officers from our Junior Beta Club and one student to serve as a National Junior Beta Officer. Students serving as State Officers have been:
- RaChelle Etzel - State Reporter, 1999-2000
- Ashley Byrd - State Vice President, 2002-2003
- Kasey Ullrich - State Chaplain and National Chaplain, 2004-2005
- Kelley Ullrich - State Reporter, 2006-2007
- Brock Marburger - State Vice President 2007-2008
- Aby Cies - State Secretary 2008-2009
- Emma Leppard - State Chaplain 2011-2012
- Ann Marie Baker - State Chaplain 2013-2014
- Jed Leppard - State Chaplain 2014-2015.
Junior and Senior Beta Club Sponsors:
- Emma Leppard - firstname.lastname@example.org; 979-966-6118 x317
- RaChelle Kuecker - email@example.com; 979-966-6118 x301
- Tania Hardaway - firstname.lastname@example.org; 979-966-6118 x303