These are the latest guidelines from the Texas Department of State Health Services, and the guidelines that schools are expected to follow:
If you have tested positive for COVID-19:
Stay home and isolate from others in your home for at least 5
days since the onset of symptoms (or testing positive in the
absence of symptoms)
You may end isolation after day 5 if:
1. You have been fever-free for a full 24 hours without the use of fever-suppressing medications; and
2. Symptoms have improved; and
3. You are able to wear a well-fitting mask until 10 days have
passed since the onset of symptoms or a positive test result; or
4. Have two sequential negative tests 48 hours apart.
If you have been exposed to COVID-19, regardless of vaccination
1. Watch for symptoms and wear a well-fitting mask for 10
days since the exposure; and
2. Get tested at least 5 full days after your last exposure
even if you don’t develop symptoms.