• Questions and Answers

    1) QWhere can I get immunizations for my child?
    Fayette County and Lee County Public Health offices hold immunization clinics every month for uninsured and under-insured children. Their contact information follows:

    Fayette and Lee County Public Health
    979-968-9454 or

    Fayette County Public Health holds immunization clinics on the 1st Monday of the month from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., and the 3rd Monday of the month from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

    Lee County immunization clinics are on the 2nd Tuesday of the month from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., and the 4th Tuesday of the month from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

    No appointments are necessary. There is a charge for immunizations with the public health clinic, but it is usually minimal. Please bring a copy of your child's shot records with you when you go.

    Children with medical insurance are not eligible to participate in the immunization clinics. These children should be taken to their primary care physician for immunizations.
    2) QWhere can I find what immunizations my child needs for school?
    The requirements and recommendations change frequently.

    For the latest recommendations go to:

    For the latest school requirements go to: http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/immunize/default.shtm
    3) QWhere can I get a copy of my child's shot record?
    If you have consented for your child's immunization records to be sent to ImmTrac, the Texas Immunization Registry, call 800.252.9152 or your local health department to get a copy of your child's record.

    If you did not give consent, you will have to contact either your private physician or the local city/county health clinic where your child received the immunizations.

    Immunization records are NOT available to view online by parents/legal guardian.
    4) QWhere can I get a copy of my own shot record?
    The only immunization records that are kept by the Texas Department of State Health Services are for children ages 0-18 and whose parents and/or legal guardian consented to have the immunization recorded entered into the ImmTrac, the Texas Immunization Registry database. If you are an adult, you will need to contact the local city/county health department or physician's office where your shots were received.
    5) QWhere can I take my child to get vaccinations (either at a lower cost or free)?
    You can check with your city and/or county health department for information on where you can take your child to get immunizations, or you can call 2-1-1 Texas. 2-1-1 Texas is a three digit toll free number that provides information on health and social services for your area. You may also call us toll free at: 1.800.252.9152 or email. Please, provide your zip code, as well as the city, in your email and we'll give you the closest clinics in your area.
    6) QWhere can I find information on what immunizations are needed for overseas travel?
    If you need to receive the yellow fever vaccine for overseas travel, you can view the authorized yellow fever vaccine provider list.

    All other questions relating to immunizations for foreign travel should be directed to:

    Infectious Disease Control Unit

    Phone: 512.458.7676, or refer to the

    CDC Travel Information web page.
    7) QWhere can I find information about Tuberculosis (TB)?
    You can find more information about TB on the DSHS Tuberculosis Elimination Program website.
    8) QWhere can I find information about Bioterrorism?
    Anyone with questions about Bioterrorism can find more information at the Texas Department of State Health's Public Health Preparedness website.